The Wellbeing Week of the Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland (ISYY) and the University of Eastern Finland takes place at the campuses on week 40, 1.-5.10.2018. The week will familiarize students and the university staff with local wellbeing operators and give advice on maintaining the wellbeing of your own, your friends and family. The theme of this year’s Wellbeing Week is loneliness.
During the Wellbeing Week, the Student Union will also delight you again with dogs! Just like last year, we have invited joyful dog visitors to be petted on both campuses during one day of the week.
Other programme of the week includes the Wellbeing Fair, Sports Afternoon and campus-specific events. The Student Union’s Smiles and Complaints Week will also take place during the week and offer students a chance to give feedback to ISYY, the University or other parties involved in students’ life.
The Wellbeing Fair is held on Tuesday 2.10.2018 in Kuopio (Snellmania downstairs hall) at 11–14 and on Thursday 4.10.2018 in Joensuu (Carelia upstairs and downstairs entrance hall) at 10–14. At the Wellbeing Fair, you can get to know various organisations involved in wellbeing.
On Tuesday 2.10.2018, you can participate in the opening of the Friend café in Studentia’s chapel in Kuopio. The Friend café is a new meeting place for students in Kuopio organised by the FSHS health group. The café will ensemble once a week on Tuesdays and it usually has a specific theme as well as refreshments and snacks for the participants. Welcome to the opening event!
On the Sports Afternoon on Wednesday 3.10.2018, students and the university staff can take part in various sports activities at campuses and elsewhere. Some of the activities are subject to a small charge and have only a limit number of places. There will be no teaching after 12.15 pm so everyone is able to take part. You can participate in all Sports Afternoon activities also without SYKETTÄ sticker. In addition to the day programme, in Joensuu there will also be a Sports Afternoon after party in Ilona starting at 10 pm.
At the Dog visits in Kuopio and Joensuu, you can really relieve your study and work stress! Come to pet and scratch dog visitors on Thurs 4.10.2018 at 10–12 in Kuopio at the yard of Studentia and in Joensuu on Thurs 4.10. at 10–14 at Alkukivet (NB! If weather permits).
Also the Organisation Day in Kuopio on Thursday 4.10.2018 at Snellmania downstairs entrance hall at 11–14 is a part of the Wellbeing Week’s programme.
– Sports Afternoon after party on Wed 3.10. starting at 10 pm in Viihdemaailma Ilona
– Wellbeing Fair at Thurs 4.10. at 10 am to 2 pm, ground and upper floor lobbies of Carelia. Local wellbeing operators present their activity, for example FSHS (YTHS), Fazer Food & Co, SYKETTÄ.
– Smiles and Complaints Week’s feedback point at ISYY feedback desk at the Wellbeing Fair at Carelia entrance hall on Thurs 4.10. at 10–14. You can also give your feedback by post-it notes during the whole week (1.–5.10.2018) at Agora, Borealis, Carelia, Educa, Futura, Metria and Natura halls or via the electronic form.
– Dog visit on Thurs 4.10. at 10 am to 2 pm at Alkukivet (if weather permits). Come to stroke and scratch dog visitors and at the same time, reduce your study or work stress!
– Wellbeing Fair on Tue 2.10. at 11 am to 2 pm at Snellmania entrance halla. Local wellbeing operators present their activity, for example Fazer Food & Co, SYKETTÄ, Fressi and Savon mielenterveysongelmaiset FinFami ry.
– Smiles and Complaints Week’s feedback point at ISYY feedback desk at the Wellbeing Fair at Snellmania entrance hall on Tuesday 2.10. at 11 am to 2 pm. You can also give your feedback by post-it notes at Snellmania and Canthia entrance halls during the week or via the electronic form.
– Friend café’s opening event on Tue 2.10. at 4 pm at Studentia chapel (Yliopistonranta 3, 2nd floor)
– Dog visit on Thurs 4.10. at the yard of Studentia (on bad weather indoors of Lukema, Yliopistonranta 3). Come to stroke and scratch dog visitors and at the same time, reduce your study or work stress!
– Organisation Day on Thurs 4.10. at 11 am to 2 pm at Snellmania entrance hall.
Ronja Mäkinen, Executive Board member in charge of Social Politics, Development Cooperation, Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 44 576 8403