The Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland calls for two postgraduate students for members of the Committee on Research Ethics for the term of office 2018–2019. A person who has the right to complete a doctorate or licentiate scientific postgraduate degree in the University of Eastern Finland is deemed as a postgraduate student.
Tasks of the Committee on Research Ethics includes the following:
1) evaluate the ethicality of non-medical research projects conducted on humans and issue statements pertaining to them;
2) evaluate the ethicality of also other research projects when necessary, unless this evaluation has been assigned to some other party by law;
3) promote training pertaining to research ethics and issue guidelines relating to research ethics at the university;
4) act as an expert organ in problematic situations relating to research ethics encountered at the university;
5) maintain discussion relating to research ethics at the university;
6) monitor and participate in the preparation of national guidelines on research ethics and ensure adherence to these guidelines at the University of Eastern Finland.
Justified applications shall be submitted by the 28th of November 2017 at 12 noon via the electronic form or to one of the Student Union’s offices
Kuopio Joensuu Savonlinna
Yliopistonranta 3 Yliopistonkatu 7 Kuninkaankartanonkatu 7
70210 Kuopio 80100 Joensuu 57100 Savonlinna
The student representatives are expected to be familiar with matters concerning the postgraduate students and especially with making a research and the ethical questions concerning that. ISYY hopes for applications from both genders and all campuses to guarantee as equable representation as possible
Mikko Aaltonen, Secretary for Interest Advocacy, the Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland, (Kuopio), tel. 044 576 8414, email@example.com