If you are an international degree student completing either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the University of Eastern Finland, you are required to join the Student Union (ISYY). You can join ISYY by paying the membership fee.
Membership Fee 2021-2022
- 71.50€ for the whole academic year 1.8.2021-31.7.2022
- NB! First year degree students have to pay the membership fee for the whole academic year. If you do the UEF registration online, you can pay the Student Union membership fee with a credit card upon registration.
- 35.50€ for the autumn semester 1.8.-31.12.2021
- 36€ for the spring semester 1.1.-31.7.2022
- Annual registration and autumn semester: 3.5.-15.9.2021
- Spring semester: 1.12.2021-15.1.2022
Read more about registration from UEF's Kamu.
Uef.fi, opens in a new tab: Study right and registration
How to Become a Member
STEP 1: Pay your membership fee
- First year master’s degree students can register as present and pay the Student Union membership fee for the whole academic year online in Oili.
- If you cannot pay the membership fee via Oili, you can also pay it as a bank transfer. Account details for bank transfer are below.
- If you cannot pay the fee online or as a bank transfer, you may also pay the membership fee by cash or by debit or credit card at the ISYY offices in Joensuu or Kuopio. Please note that the biggest banknote you can pay with at our offices is 50€.
- Degree students who are already enrolled at the university, i.e., they are in their second, third, etc., year of studies may register and pay the Student Union membership fee in WebOodi or in person at the ISYY office.
The account details for the Student Union are as follows:
Recipient: Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland
Recipient’s address: Yliopistonranta 3, FI-70211 Kuopio, Finland
Bank name: Osuuspankki/OP Bank/Pohjola Bank Plc
Bank address: Koskikatu 9, FI-80100 Joensuu, Finland
IBAN: FI37 5770 0520 2461 63
Please use your name as a reference in the message field
STEP 2: Register your membership
- If you paid your membership fee via Oili or WebOodi, your ISYY membership is automatically registered to the Student and Learning Services.
- If you paid your membership fee as a bank transfer or at ISYY office in person, you need to send a copy of the payment receipt to opiskelu(at)uef.fi to register your membership. Please include your name and date of birth to the email. Alternatively, bring the receipt to the customer service counter of the UEF Student and Learning Services in person.
- Kuopio: Yliopistonranta 1 C, Canthia Building (1st floor)
- Joensuu: Yliopistokatu 2, Aurora Building (Entrance A, ground floor)
After the payment and registration process has been completed, you can order the plastic student card online at www.frank.fi or download the Frank App, which acts as a digital student card. The student card functions as a national benefit and discount card as well as the Student Union (ISYY) membership card. It is an official document that proves you are a student at the University of Eastern Finland (UEF).
Finnish Student Health Service payment
NB! Due to the FSHS (Finnish Student Health Service) 2021 reform, all degree students are obliged to pay the student healthcare fee to Kela once per semester. After you have paid, you can use the FSHS healthcare services as any other Finnish student. Payment instructions can be found on Kela's website.
Kela.fi, opens in a new tab: How to pay the student healthcare fee in higher education
Frank.fi, opens in a new tab: Student card
Uef.fi, opens in a new tab: Weboodi
Uef.fi, opens in a new tab: Registration instructions for new students
Please contact the Coordinators of International Affairs of ISYY for further information about the membership fee for international degree students and how to join.
- Joensuu: kv.joensuu(at)isyy.fi
- Kuopio: kv.kuopio(at)isyy.fi