If you are an international degree student completing either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the University of Eastern Finland, you are required to join the Student Union (ISYY). You can join ISYY by paying the membership fee.
Membership Fee 2020-2021
- 100€ for the whole academic year 1.8.2020-31.7.2021 (including the FSHS fee of 28,50€ for the autumn semester)
- NB! First year degree students have to pay the membership fee for the whole academic year. If you register online, you can pay the Student Union membership fee with a credit card upon registration.
- 64€ for the autumn semester 1.8.-31.12.2020 (including the FSHS fee of 28,50€)
- 36€ for the spring semester 1.1.-31.7.2021 (NB! does not include the FSHS fee)
- Degree students who are already enrolled at the university, i.e., they are in their second, third, etc., year of studies may register and pay the Student Union membership fee also in WebOodi.
- Annual registration and autumn semester: 2.5.-15.9.2020
- Spring semester: 1.12.2020-15.1.2021
Read more about registration from UEF's Kamu.
How to Become a Member
STEP 1: Pay your membership fee
The account details for the Student Union are as follows:
- Recipient: Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland
- Recipient’s address: Yliopistonranta 3, FI-70211 Kuopio, Finland
- Bank name: Osuuspankki/OP Bank/Pohjola Bank Plc
- Bank address: Koskikatu 9, FI-80100 Joensuu, Finland
- IBAN: FI37 5770 0520 2461 63
- BIC: OKOYFIHH
- Please use your name as a reference in the message field
NB! You may also pay the membership fee by cash or by debit or credit card at the ISYY offices in Joensuu or Kuopio. Please note that the biggest banknote you can pay with at our offices is 50€.
STEP 2: Register your membership
Once you have paid, register your membership by showing the payment receipt (issued by your bank, an ATM receipt or a print out from your online bank) at the customer service counter of the UEF Student and Learning Services.
- Kuopio: Yliopistonranta 1 C, Canthia Building (1st floor)
- Joensuu: Yliopistokatu 2, Aurora Building (Entrance A, ground floor)
After the payment and registration process has been completed, you can order the plastic student card online at www.frank.fi or download the Frank App, which acts as a digital student card. The student card functions as a national benefit and discount card as well as the Student Union (ISYY) membership card. It is an official document that proves you are a student at the University of Eastern Finland (UEF).
Frank.fi: Student card
Please contact the Coordinators of International Affairs of ISYY for further information about the membership fee for international degree students and how to join.
- Joensuu: email@example.com
- Kuopio: firstname.lastname@example.org