Interested in volunteering work?
Volunteering work is a great opportunity to expand your competencies and acquire useful skills for working life.
In Kuopio you can do volunteering work for refugees and migrants at Kompassi. If you can’t find anything suitable for you or you have another organization you’d like to volunteer for, you can contact YUFE Volunteering coordinator Marko Pietilä marko.pietilä@uef.fi.
Apply to YUFE Challenge Teams
The YUFE Challenge Teams aim to develop creative thinking through an intensive teamwork process to solve real social, scientific and technological challenges by providing a novel and innovative solution with a collaborative, multidisciplinary and multicultural approach.
The benefits and value proposition of the YUFE Challenge Teams for the students involved are:
stimulated by new learning experiences and soft skills training for their future, based on teamwork problems, they can solve a real challenge and acquire demanding professional competencies. As an UEF student, you can gain credits from participating the YUFE Challenge Teams.
For more information, please click here and contact Marko Pietilä email@example.com and Mari Argillander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For how long: 9 weeks, approximately 60 hours
- Application period from 12 September 12 until 6 October 2022
Would you like to participate in the first YUFETHON of our university?
- What is it? It is an online event where participants will meet for two days (20h) to work intensively on a solution to a real problem. Participants will work in small groups in a unique environment that encourages creative thinking. Would you dare to participate in our First Edition? As an UEF student, you can gain credits from participating the YUFE Challenge Teams. For more information, please contact Marko Pietilä email@example.com and Mari Argillander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will it take place? 7-8 October, from 10 am to 18 pm
- When can I register? From 12 September to 6 October register here
For more information, please click here.