The Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland (ISYY) organises a competition for student organisations. The aim of the competition is to encourage student organisations to develop alcohol-free and interdisciplinary activities.
The competition starts on the 7th of November and ends at 12:00noon on the 9th of December 2016.
Student organisations play an important role in creating an inspiring and energetic atmosphere to the campuses. Various campaigns and events can bring some well-needed variation to students’ everyday life. The aim of the competition is to encourage student organisations to develop and diversify their activities and share their best practices to others.
How to participate?
You can participate with a realizable plan for a campaign/event/theme week etc. aimed to enrich and diversify student life.
Send your plan titled “AINEJÄRJESTÖKILPAILU 2016” via email to email@example.com. The plan must be in Powerpoint or PDF form and it should include your student organisation’s contact details (name of the student organisation, contact person’s name, phone number and email address) and an information on whether you allow your plan to be included in ISYY´s pool of ideas for alcohol-free activities.
What the participating student organisations need to do?
The theme of the competition is Fun without booze. You can participate in cooperation with another student organisation. Draw up a plan of an event/theme week/campaign etc. you could put into action in next term. You are not obligated to go through with your plan, but it must be realizable. If you want to, you can illustrate your plan with pictures and videos. The plan must be in Powerpoint or PDF form.
1. Only student organisations of the University of Eastern Finland are allowed to participate.
2. ISYY reserves all the rights to competing works.
3. Works returned after the deadline won’t be taken into consideration.
Rewarding and choosing the winner
The winners will be chosen by a jury comprised of members of the ISYY Executive Board and staff. The competing works will be judged by the competition criteria. One work will be chosen as a winner, but the jury can acknowledge other works as well.
The winning student organisation receives a gift card of 200 euros to a store of their own choice. The gift card is to encourage the student organisation to carry through their prized plan in next term.
The competition criteria:
1. The plan is versatile, coherent and suitable to the theme.
2. The planned event/theme week/campaign etc. is useful to the student organisations and their members.
3. The plan has a clear goal and planned actions are justifiable.
4. A desire to try something completely new but realisable can be seen in the plan.
5. The planned event/theme week/campaign etc. is alcohol-free.
6. Both enthusiasm and motivation to enhance the atmosphere can be seen in the plan.
ISYY: Fun without booze – ISYY’s student organisation competition will begin soon (published on 31.10.2016)
For more information:
Juho-Pekka Maunula, First Vice Chair, Organizations and Politics, Chairperson of the Savonlinna Campus Board, the Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 50 917 9889